Fortune 500 companies are looking for a few things in every candidate: talent, diverse experience(s), inclusive cross-cultural communication skills, and a proven record of accomplishment. In order to meet the needs of the market and produce qualified student leadership, the College of Business must be able to recruit and retain the best students. The College of Business is spearheading that charge with Rock S.O.L.I.D. Stewards.
Rock S.O.L.I.D. Stewards are a team of dedicated students within the College of Business at Colorado State University who have committed themselves to upholding the S.O.L.I.D. pillars within our diverse community, which are:
Service – Outreach – Leadership – Integrity – Diversity
What Stewards Do
Rock S.O.L.I.D. Stewards is a group of dedicated and professional student leaders who undergo professional development and give tours in order to foster unique experiences and cultivate the next generation of Biz Rams.
Stewards provide collaborative programming and create a welcoming environment for every potential student and guest that visit our campus. Stewards assist Undergraduate Programs with inclusive programming, campus visits, and collaboration.
Some of the activities stewards are involved in include:
- Leading tours to prospective students, guest, and current or potential donors
- Having lunch with a prospective student to have intentional conversations about what it is like to be a Biz Ram
- Sharing their experience in the College of Business by serving on student panels
- Escorting prospective students who are sitting in on a business course
- Serving as COB representative at community events, such as the Community Open House