About Latinx Business Association (LBA)
The Latinx Business Association was established in the fall of 2018 after students voiced a desire for a Latinx business organization that would focus on creating opportunities and providing a community. The hope of the association started by providing community among Latinx-identifying students who are pursuing some avenue of business through earning a credential in CSU’s College of Business. Today, our aspiration is to continue to help our community grow within the College of Business by providing opportunities and a community that encourages success for our Latinx students.
To better understand Latinx Business Association, read through our vision, mission, and values below.
Our vision is to provide a community for growth and empowerment among Latinx-identifying students who are pursuing some avenue of business through earning a credential in CSU’s College of Business.
The Latinx Business Association’s mission is centered on three priorities:
- Service and Outreach
- Professional Development and Personal Growth
- Community Building and Networking
The Latinx Business Association is motivated by the following values:
- Community: We commit to developing and strengthening bonds with one another.
- Culture: We acknowledge and celebrate customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of all individuals. By doing so, we will continue empowering other marginalized communities.
- Personal Development: We foster growth in awareness and identity, develop talents and potential, and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations.
- Involvement: We embody our community to outsource and create bonds by giving back to the community.
In addition to LBA’s values, we also adhere to and adopts CSU’s Principles of Community. The Principles of Community support the Colorado State University mission and vision of access, research, teaching, service and engagement. A collaborative, and vibrant community is a foundation for learning, critical inquiry, and discovery. Therefore, each member of the CSU community has a responsibility to uphold these principles when engaging with one another and acting on behalf of the University.
- Inclusion: We create and nurture inclusive environments and welcome, value and affirm all members of our community, including their various identities, skills, ideas, talents, and contributions.
- Integrity: We are accountable for our actions and will act ethically and honestly in all our interactions.
- Respect: We honor the inherent dignity of all people within an environment wh
ere we are committed to freedom of expression, critical discourse, and the advancement of knowledge.
- Service: We are responsible, individually and collectively, to give of our time, talents, and resources to promote the well-being of each other and the development of our local, regional, and global communities.
- Social Justice: We have the right to be treated and the responsibility to treat others with fairness and equity, the duty to challenge prejudice, and to uphold the laws, policies and procedures that promote justice in all respects.