About Latinx Business Association (LBA)
Latinx students make up more than 10% of business Rams at CSU. Latinx Business Association was established fall 2018 after students voiced a desire for the creation of a student run latinx organization focused on creating community and providing resources and support. To better understand Latinx Business Association, read through our vision, mission, and values below.
The vision of the Latinx Business Association is a community of exceptional business scholars who will have positive impact on their personal communities and beyond.
Latinx Business Association strives to create community among latinx identifying College of Business students. In addition, Latinx Business Association provides opportunities for academic support, professional development, and community outreach.
LBA adheres to and adopts CSU’s Principles of Community. The Principles of Community support the Colorado State University mission and vision of access, research, teaching, service and engagement. A collaborative, and vibrant community is a foundation for learning, critical inquiry, and discovery. Therefore, each member of the CSU community has a responsibility to uphold these principles when engaging with one another and acting on behalf of the University.
- Inclusion: We create and nurture inclusive environments and welcome, value and affirm all members of our community, including their various identities, skills, ideas, talents, and contributions.
- Integrity: We are accountable for our actions and will act ethically and honestly in all our interactions.
- Respect: We honor the inherent dignity of all people within an environment wh
ere we are committed to freedom of expression, critical discourse, and the advancement of knowledge.
- Service: We are responsible, individually and collectively, to give of our time, talents, and resources to promote the well-being of each other and the development of our local, regional, and global communities.
- Social Justice: We have the right to be treated and the responsibility to treat others with fairness and equity, the duty to challenge prejudice, and to uphold the laws, policies and procedures that promote justice in all respects.
In addition to the CSU Principles of Community, LBA is motivated by the following values:
- Community: We commit to developing and strengthening bonds with one another.
- Culture: We acknowledge and celebrate customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of all individuals.
- Personal Development: We foster growth in awareness and identity, develop talents and potential, and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations.
- Fun: We encourage self-care, setting time aside to relax and recharge, and spending energy where passion drives us.