About Latinx Business Association (LBA)
Latinx Business Association was established in fall 2018 after students voiced a desire for the creation of a Latinx business organization focused on creating community and providing support. To better understand Latinx Business Association, read through our vision, mission, and values below.
The vision of the Latinx Business Association is to provide community among Latinx identifying students who are pursuing some avenue of business through earning a credential in CSU’s College of Business.
The Latinx Business Association’s mission is centered on three priorities:
- Service and Outreach
- Professional Development and Personal Growth
- Community Building and Networking
LBA adheres to and adopts CSU’s Principles of Community. The Principles of Community support the Colorado State University mission and vision of access, research, teaching, service and engagement. A collaborative, and vibrant community is a foundation for learning, critical inquiry, and discovery. Therefore, each member of the CSU community has a responsibility to uphold these principles when engaging with one another and acting on behalf of the University.
- Inclusion: We create and nurture inclusive environments and welcome, value and affirm all members of our community, including their various identities, skills, ideas, talents, and contributions.
- Integrity: We are accountable for our actions and will act ethically and honestly in all our interactions.
- Respect: We honor the inherent dignity of all people within an environment wh
ere we are committed to freedom of expression, critical discourse, and the advancement of knowledge.
- Service: We are responsible, individually and collectively, to give of our time, talents, and resources to promote the well-being of each other and the development of our local, regional, and global communities.
- Social Justice: We have the right to be treated and the responsibility to treat others with fairness and equity, the duty to challenge prejudice, and to uphold the laws, policies and procedures that promote justice in all respects.
In addition to the CSU Principles of Community, LBA is motivated by the following values:
- Community: We commit to developing and strengthening bonds with one another.
- Culture: We acknowledge and celebrate customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of all individuals.
- Personal Development: We foster growth in awareness and identity, develop talents and potential, and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations.
- Fun: We encourage self-care, setting time aside to relax and recharge, and spending energy where passion drives us.