First Generation Events
Fall 2020 Semester
September 4th & 9th Welcome Kits to Kick Off the Fall!
- Goody bags will be distributed to students one at a time in Rockwell West Room 211.
- **You must RSVP for a specific pick-up time.** This keeps everyone safe, and will ensure we avoid a crowded situation!
- We have limited quantity available. Spots will fill fast! First come, first serve.
September 16, 5:30-6:30 pm: Meet & Greet with Employer TARGET!
- VIRTUAL EVENT: Meet a Target Recruiter!
- Dress Code: Casual
- Visit with Ellen Meeks, Supply Chain HQ Campus Recruiter and Ashley Miller, Stores Leadership Campus Recruiter
- Learn more about: Target’s purpose and D&I efforts; HQ and Stores leadership opportunities
- Learn how to bring your most authentic self to work
October 14, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Clifton Strengths Career-Focused Workshop
- From the list of 34, which strengths do you have?
- Gain the terminology necessary to talk about your strengths in job interviews. Translate your strengths into employer-beneficial skills.
- Learn the strengths of others. Use this information to improve team and colleague communication.
- A virtual synchronous training!
November 5, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Lesson From Alum
- 1 in 5 Business Majors is First Generation. Meet some of those who came before you!
- Hear a panel of CSU alum talk about life post-graduation.
- What advice do they have to share to prepare you for life after college?
- A virtual interactive session!
December 3, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm: De-Stress with Trivia and Prizes
- You’ve been working hard preparing for finals. Take a break and des-stress with some fun CSU and COB-inspired trivia.
- Win prizes for correct answers!
- A virtual interaction session!