Current Fort Morgan Student Info
Online Content for Current Students
Why get a degree?
- Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce report found that “35 percent of the job openings will require at leat a bachelor’s degree, 30 percent of the job openings will require some college or an associate’s degree…” (Carnevale, Smith, and Strohl, 2020)
- “Employers will seek cognitive skills such as communication and analytics from job applicants rather than physical skills traditionally associate with manufacturing” (Carnevale, Smith, and Strohl, 2020)
- In another study, the Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce found “Graduate degree holders gained 3.8 million jobs, Bachelor’s degree holders gained 4.7 million jobs, and Associate’s degree holders gained 3.1 million jobs, compared to workers with a high school diploma or less, who added only 80,000 jobs “ (Carnevale, Jayasundera, Gulish, 2016)
- “Workers with at least some postsecondary education now make up 65 percent of the total employment. Bachelor’s degree holders now earn 57 percent of all wages (Carnevbale, Jayasundera, Gulish, 2016)
- Workers with at least some postsecondary education now make up 65 percent of the total employment. Bachelor’s degree holders now earn 57 percent of all wages.
- “More than 80 percent of job openings for workers with a bachelor’s degree or higher are advertised online, compared to 50 percent of job openings for workers with less education” (Carnevale, Jayasundera, Repnikov, 2014)
- “The most in-demand white-collar professional jobs are: accountants and auditors (49,000 ads) and medical/health services managers (47,00) ads” (Carnevale, Jayasundera, Repnikov, 2014)
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics has shared the average salary for those at different education levels and it hows that a degree helps with salary:
- Those who have not earned a high school diploma can expect to earn an average of $520 per week, or $27,040 annually.
- Those with high school diplomas can expect to earn an average of $712 weekly, or $37,024 annually.
- Associate degree holders earn an average of $836 per week, or $43,472 per year.
- Earning a bachelor’s degree brings with it a substantial jump in pay. Bachelor’s degree holders make an average of $1,173 per week, or $60,996 each year. That is more than $17,500 more than associate degree holders and nearly $25,000 more than high school graduates.
The CSU Effect
- Members of CSU’s last three graduating classes were hired by 4,500 unique employers in 49 states in 53 countries and attended more than 200 graduate schools
- ¾ graduates are employed in a field of their major
- 84% of graduates secured employment or continuing education within 6 months of graduation
Colorado State University Information
CSU Admission (https://admissions.colostate.edu/futurestudents/)
The following information reflects the middle 50% of freshman admitted for Fall 2019. This means 75% of the students we admitted presented credentials at or above the ranges displayed here, and the other 25% were admitted with credentials slightly below these ranges.
Admitted students had
- A 3.4-4.0 GPA
- An ACT score of 23-30
- An SAT score of 110-1300
CSU looks for the following traits in its review process:
- We verify that youll complete our 18 recommended units and consider the range and relative difficulty of the courses you’ve taken each year
- Your meaningful engagement in school, extra-curricular and community activities can help us understand your strengths and interests
- We’ll evaluate your GPA and trends in grades over time and in each subject and assess your test scores
- Additional Factors
- We seek t ounderstand circumstances that have impacted your course selection and performance, and involvement